[Scmail] Attn: ATT YAHOO Mail users

Joe Gill joegill at removethis
Sun Feb 4 13:10:23 EST 2007

Other people are receiving the following notices. I am just giving you and
early heads-up..
I made the changes and all is well..

Dear AT&T Yahoo! Member,

We're making some security improvements to your AT&T Yahoo! service. These
changes will affect members who send or receive email from a desktop or
mobile client program, such as Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Outlook Express,
Eudora, Apple Mail, or Thunderbird.

To continue sending and receiving email with your desktop or mobile email
client program, please take the following steps by March 30, 2007.

1. Open your email client program.
2. Locate the email account settings for your particular client.
3. Change the POP server to pop.att.yahoo.com.
4. Change the SMTP server to smtp.att.yahoo.com.
5. Change the SMTP port to 465 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted
connection (SSL).
6. Change the POP3 port to 995 and check the option labeled Use an encrypted
connection (SSL).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\

The help note @ http://help.sbcglobal.net/article.php?item=287
has also been revised....

MemberID at ameritech.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at att.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at flash.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at nvbell.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at pacbell.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at prodigy.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at sbcglobal.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at snet.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at swbell.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com
MemberID at wans.net pop.att.yahoo.com smtp.att.yahoo.com

I tried the settings.. .they work!

Some notes:
A) On Spamcop, all I had to do is change the name and enable SSL. Port 995
is the default
B) When making the SMTP port changes in Outlook Express.. FIRST click the
box to use SSL and THEN change the port number, otherwise it will flip it
back (forwarded for ATT Midwest forum user on DSL reports)..